Masturbation and yeast infection

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Crumb
Awesomeness Quotient: Cooking skills
Primary language: Englisb
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Im a female who is bisexual

Masturbation and yeast infection

Unread post by Crumb »

Okay so Ive had my infection for at least a week, Ive been taking this blue pill which made the itchyness and any pain from it die out almost throughouly. I am planning on seeing a doctor to get the actual medication but I wanted to know is it okay to masturbate while having one? When I say masturbate all Im talking ablution is massaging myself down there, you know just rubbing it, and for safety I wear two layers of panties? Is this okay?
Crumb
Awesomeness Quotient: Cooking skills
Primary language: Englisb
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Im a female who is bisexual

Re: Masturbation and yeast infection

Unread post by Crumb »

Crumb wrote:Okay so Ive had my infection for at least a week, Ive been taking this blue pill which made the itchyness and any pain from it die out almost throughouly. I am planning on seeing a doctor to get the actual medication but I wanted to know is it okay to masturbate while having one? When I say masturbate all Im talking about is massaging myself down there, you know just rubbing it, and for safety I wear two layers of panties? Is this okay?
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Masturbation and yeast infection

Unread post by Karyn »

Generally any kind of genital sex (including masturbation) isn't a great idea with a yeast infection when you're having a lot of pain and itching, just because it can irritate already irritated skin. If it doesn't cause you any discomfort, though, then it's fine: just stop if you feel any pain or irritation! (There's also no need to wear two pairs of panties, if you want to leave one pair on it's fine but you don't have to wear two, or even one if you don't want to.)
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic