Risks of pregnancy?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Bellosnezhka
Awesomeness Quotient: Heart
Primary language: Portuguese
Pronouns: She/her

Risks of pregnancy?

Unread post by Bellosnezhka »

Hi Scarleteen.
I'm very paranoid about pregnancy. That's why even though I'm on birth control and take the pills everyday at the same time, my boyfriend still wears a condom when we haver sex. But lately we've been starting without a condom, then later he wears the condom and only then he can ejaculate. I'm worried about doing this and I want to stop, but It feels so much better that It's hard to stop.

Yesterday we did what I described above. But I was at his house and had forgotten to bring the pills with me. We bought a new pack and I took the pills on time and normally. My bc pill is Microdiol (desogestrel+ethinylestradiol) and the package insert says It's a combined, monophasic pill. So, I assumed It would be ok to take the pills of a new pack to substitute the one I forgot. Is this really ok? Should I take the morning-after pill?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Risks of pregnancy?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Bellosnezhka,

I would call your pharmacy to confirm that what you did with the pill will continue the normal level of protection. I also want to ask, are you and he up to date on your STI tests?

Ultimately, if having sex in this way is causing you worry, the sound thing is to go back to using a condom the whole time. You can try experimenting with different types of condoms to see if there is one that feels close to not using one.
Bellosnezhka

Thank you for the reply. I Will call the pharmacy. But aren't biphasic/triphasic pills different colors?
We are up to date on our STI tests and this os not a problem for us.
I will go back to using a condom, for sure! I read the package insert where It says each pill contains the same hormones in the same quantity and I'm still worried that I'm intepretating wrong.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Bi/triphasic pills are often different colors, yes. But it sounds like yours in particular isn't that kind of pill - if it says it's monophasic & specifically says all active pills have the same ingredients then it's totally fine to do as you did here and take pills from a new pack, without any impact on effectiveness. :)
Bellosnezhka

Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic