Chances of STI's?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
Danni
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: nothing really
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bi

Chances of STI's?

Unread post by Danni »

Okay so long story short(ish): A friend of mine got pressured into having sex without condoms by her (now ex) boyfriend, which turned into a pregnancy scare (she's not thankfully) but now we're wondering what are the possible chances he could of given her an STI? She was a virgin before him but he wasn't. She's probably going to get tested sometime soon to find out for sure but in the meantime it would help to have an idea of the chances of it. She doesn't have any symptoms or anything but it's just been in our minds now that her pregnancy scare has passed. Sorry for bothering anyone, and thanks for any help you can give.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Chances of STI's?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Danni,

I'm sorry your friend went through that (glad the dude is an ex now too). Unprotected sex does pose a risk of STIs, and some of those may not have symptoms. So, her plan to get tested is sound and will be the best way for her to find out if any got passed on from this incident.
Danni
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: nothing really
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Bi

Unread post by Danni »

Ya he wasn't very good to her. She's probably going to get checked in a couple weeks so just kind of wanted to know what chances there may be in the meantime.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

That's something we really can't tell you without knowing the status of her partner in terms of STIs. And, even then, we would not be able to talk in percentages. So her plan to get tested is sound (I would suggest she ask for the full panel and clarify with the staff what they will be screening for).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic