by Heather Corinna
Have a look inside S.E.X.: the in-depth and inclusive young adult sexuality guide by Scarleteen founder and editor!
S.E.X. Table of Contents & Online Samples
• Foreword: by Anne Semans, author, The Good Vibrations Guide to Sex
• Author bio/about Scarleteen.com
• Who’s This Book For, Anyway? An Introduction for Parents, Teachers, and Other Teen Mentors, Guardians and Allies)
I Pledge Allegiance....To Myself, and the United State of my Sexuality
Your Body: An Owner’s Manual
- What is “Sexuality?”
- Let's Talk About Sex
- Mega Metamorphosis: Puberty
- What’s Up Down There?
- Female Sexual Anatomy: From the Outside In, Clit Lit, Life on the Inside, Honorably Discharged, The Fertility Cycle. Period., Menses Management, Breast Basics
- Male Sexual Anatomy: From the Outside In, Life on the Inside, Get the Ball Rolling, The Ejaculation Situation, Blue Balls
- Too loose/ too tight! Too long/Too short! Too large/too small!
(Or, What Goldilocks and The Three Bears Have to Do with Your Genitals)
The Problem with Perfect: Body Image (Or, why appearance isn’t all it appears)
- Start a Revolution: Love Your Body!
- 10 Bodacious Ways To Boost Body Image
- Disordered Eating & Eating Disorders
- The Ideal Spiel
- Whole Body/Whole Sexy
- Viva la Revolucion!
All By Myself
Mutitple Choice: Gender, Orientation & Sexual Identity
- re·la·tion·ship (verb)
- Relationship Models: What Works for You?
- Whee! NRE: New Relationship Energy
- Dating: Different, Not a Dinosaur
- Internet Dating
- Without a Map: Alternative Relationships: GLB Relationships, Across the Lines, Age-disparate relationships, FWBs and Hookups, Polyamory and Open Relationships
- Those Three Little Words
- The Test of Time: Long-term Relationships
- Dysfunction Junction: The Crummy Stuff
- Adventures in Splitsville: Breakups and How to Deal
- “Just” Friends?
- What’s “It” All About?
- The Sexual Readiness Checklist
- Great Sexpectations
- No Harm, No Foul: Limits and Boundaries
- Intimacy: Bonding Basics
- Virginity: Past and Present
- Be a Blabbermouth! Communicating with Partners about Sex
- The Top Ten Truly Crappy Reasons to Have (any sort of) Sex With Someone Else
- Body of Evidence: Legal Issues in Your Sex Life
Popular Mechanics: The Ins and Outs of Partnered Sex
Safe and Sound: Safer Sex for your Body, Heart and Mind
- Taking Care Down There: Sexual Healthcare
- Your Business. Their Business: Healthcare Confidentiality and Privacy
- Gynecology for Beginners
- Urinary Tract, Bacterial and Yeast Infections
- Male Sexual Healthcare
- DIY Sexual Healthcare: Check Yourself Out!
- Sexual Healthcare Discrimination: Road Blocks to Good Health
- Safer Sex 101
- Risk Assessment
- Practicing Safer Sex: A Lesson in Three Parts: Testing, Barriers & Lifestyle
- Easy Ways to Incorporate Safer Sex into Your Sex Life
- “Don’t you trust me?”
- What if your partner won’t practice safer sex?
- What if you DO get an STI?
- Top Ten STI Myths
- Safer Sex for the Heart: Emotional Safety
- Breaking the Cycle
- Protecting Yourself from Abusive Partners and Relationships
- Protecting Yourself from Rape and Sexual Assault
- Sleeping with the Enemy: Sexual Abuse from Partners
- If You Have Been Raped
To Be or Not To Be... Pregnant: Contraception
- Why Use Birth Control?
- No Birds, No Bees, No Bull: How Human Reproduction Really Happens
- Pregnancy Risk Assessment
- The Contraception Connection: Birth Control Options
- Barrier Methods: Male & female condoms, Diaphragms, Cervical Caps, the Lea Shield, Contraceptive Sponge
- Hormonal Methods: The Pill, The Ring, The Patch, Lunelle (monthly injection), Depo-provera (quarterly injection), Implanon (implant), Emergency Contraception
- Methods Not Usually Advised for Teens or Young Adults: Natural Family Planning, IUDs, Male & Female Sterilization
- Methods That Suck (or Just Really Shouldn’t Be Called Birth Control)
- It Doesn’t Take a Village...but sometimes it’s awfully nice to have one: Birth Control Discussion with Partners and Parents
- Hey, Boyfriend! Male Reproductive Options
Oh, Baby! Conception, Pregnancy and Pregnancy Options
How to Change the World (Without Even Getting Out of Bed)
Want a copy for yourself, or to see some reviews of the book? Click here!
written 23 Jul 2007 . updated 04 Dec 2012