Questions and Answers

Vaginal smell = infection?

Sarah asks:

I've read your article on vaginal secretion several times but I'm still confused. All of my symptoms of my discharge point to normal except the smell. I have to constantly spray perfume (not down there) on myself because I'm afraid that everyone around me has to deal with this very strong smell, almost like urine. I'm not sure what to do. I try to keep clean in the shower and I'm a virgin so I don't think I have an STD but it's getting to the point where it is really becoming a pain and I'm so self-concious whenever I'm around people. Occasionally it will also feel like my vagina is just dripping wet. I look and there is some discharge but not enough to warrant feeling like I just had an accident. I can be walking around and then all of a sudden it just hits me. It's terrible.

Do I have some sort of infection that I need a prescription for or do I just have really bad vaginal secretions?

Birth control for depression/healthcare privacy

Anonymous asks:

My girlfriend is having a rough time emotionally and that is leading to physical pain such as stomach and headaches. She wants to go to a doctor, preferably a gynecologist (in case birth control may regulate her hormones better) but her parents won't like that idea. If she goes will her parents find out through the doctor or insurance report? She's a legal adult so she should be able to take care of this stuff as her right but she still lives with her parents. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Painful fingering

anonymous asks:

My boyfriend and I were feeling very heated last night, so he decided to finger me. I was fine with that, obviously, because he asked if I wanted it and I said yes. We've decided we want to have sex but are both worried about the pain. And last night, he wanted to explore, and I told him go ahead. He tried to stick his finger in "the hole" and it hurt, very badly. I'm a pretty tight girl, and he had trouble getting even his pointer finger in. Now, it's the next morning and it's still a little achy. Did I get my "cherry popped"? Is my first time with him going to hurt badly because I'm so tight? I'm nervous, help!

I have sex, but I don't really want to.

Anonymous asks:

My boyfriend always wants to have sex. But I am never really in the mood to have it but I do anyways so I dont make him mad. When me and him him have sex I don't feel anything, and I never have a orgasm and I don't know why. Is there something wrong with me? Am I wrong for not telling him that I don't get off?

2 years and 2 tight

Anonymous asks:

My girlfriend and I have been having sex for over 2 years now, but she is still very "tight", and really has to get into the mood before I can penetrate. It's almost as though we're having sex for the first time, every time. Sounds romantic, but it's a bit annoying for both of us (and she finds it painful if I accidentally push too quickly). With my ex I could slip a finger inside her without any hesitation, of course I would never mention that to my girlfriend. Once we're into it, there's no problem with going harder and faster, it's just that initial thrust. Is this normal? By being so gentle the first time have we possibly never broken her hymen? Otherwise, if we have sex more frequently, rather than maybe once a week/fortnight/month (for now we both still live at home with our parents) will she likely open up a bit more?

EC Questions

Anonymous asks:

I'm a virgin and engaged in foreplay with my boyfriend a few days ago. There was a point during manual sex where some preejaculate may have come in contact with my vulva in spite of the condom. According to the pregnancy assessment, my odds of being pregnant are low depending on various factors such as ovulation, sperm count, etc. But, as I hadn't started my regular birth control regimen yet and it only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, to be on the safe side, I took Plan B. A few days later I had some spotting (brown discharge) and a little abdominal pain, which lasted about three days.

I have just a few questions about Plan B. As I understand it, Plan B can sometimes cause spotting and bleeding in women and can make a woman's cycle irregular due to the high dose of hormones being ingested. I've researched a couple of sites, but can't seem to find the answers to the following questions:

1.) What exactly causes the spotting and/or bleeding? Is it the shedding of the uterine lining or something else? Could it be considered a mini-period?

2.) Have there been cases of women taking Plan B correctly (i.e. within the time frame, one pill first, then the 2nd 12 hours later) after one act of unprotected sex, had spotting and/or bleeding and then discovered that she was pregnant?

3.) Does the spotting/bleeding for that month mean that the woman won't have her period the next month? If she does, does that mean that more uterine lining has attached itself to her uterus after her spotting/bleeding and she's just expelling the rest of it?

Stressed out cycle

Tina asks:

I just recently found this site and I am grat3ful that I did. I'm about four to five days late with my period and I'm freaking out. My cycle is normally 28 days, and it's been that way for a year now. I have been stressed out this month because of my finals, graduation, and college stuff, so I know it's a possibility that stress is causing this, but I'm still freaking out. I am sexually active, but my boyfriend and I are always careful. We always use protection, we even check to see if the condom had broken or not. And it wasn't. I keep getting stomach aches, and I haven't been getting any cramps, which are normally a sign to me that I'm about to get my period, or any other symptoms that I normally get. I'm just not sure what's going on and I would really just like some advice on what to do or not to do.

Air-dried sperm and possible pregnancy

Anonymous asks:

I wanted to share an article I had read with you. I am unable to understand it to the fullest of my ability, some of it confuses me hence I feel if you read it you would be able to make sense of it better. I recently read an article titled " Air-dried sperms fertilize egg ". This article concerns IVF but there is other information I am a little confused about. I am sure other teenagers have read the same article and some of the information is hard for us to understand because its all medical stuff. If you google the title, the article in many different websites will appear. The abc forum has some comments below which better explain the concept I think.. or confuse you further. The article basically states that air dried sperm do not die... and infact the head of the sperm is filled with DNA which can still fertilize an egg. Though from what I have read and understand is that even though the sperm is dried out, it needs to be rehydrated properly and then has to directly be injected into the egg. It says nothing about air dried sperm automatically fertilizing anything on its own. As in I think even though the sperm is not dead, it can't swim. But the head of it can still fertilize. So it's not dead.

I still understand very little of this article, and was hoping if someone from scarleteen read it, would understand it better and then maybe can better explain it to me. Maybe you could post an article of your own on your website about it? Since it has some new information etc. I am not sure whether it is new information... I think it's new information to me rather. But I felt that most information does state, dried sperm is dead sperm. But this article says otherwise.

I am also posting a link :
http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/archives/archive56/newposts/573/t...

There are other articles, but this one has a forum which talks about it. The comments might help. Please do read it and tell me what you think.

End of the road for my anus?

Anonymous asks:

I have a rather embarassing question but I really need help. When having anal sex with my boyfriend, after he inserts it and all it comes to a point where it is almost like it will NOT go any further. It's like his penis is hitting a wall of some sort and it really hurts. I am very relaxed before we start so the initial penetration is not a problem at all, it's just that there is something stopping his penis from going all the way in. what is causing this and what can I do about this?

Pregnant from a handshake?

Anonymous asks:

I shook hands with a male chef whose hands were completely dry. After that I went to pee in the hotel bathroom. I had touched the knob, the door and pulled my jeans down with the same hand. What bothers me is I had used the same hand to touch my sanitary pad to centre it and then pulled my pants back on. Due to men masturbating and peeing etc.. sometimes if they don’t wash their hands or just wipe them off and its dried later does sperm live on their hands? And then when they shake my hand can that sperm be transferred to my hand and after touching my sanitary pads which are close to my vagina, can the sperm enter me? Can any of this crap get me pregnant? First of his hands were completely dry and so were mine. And I am sure chefs wash their hands.. but what if they don’t… he wasn’t cooking at that time. Its possible he had completely sperm free clean hands and I am just going insane!
I only shook his hand... is any of this possible?

Brown period?

Anonymous asks:

I was supposed to get my period about 2 weeks ago and although my periods are never exact and to the day, they usually aren't that late. But about 4 days ago I started getting brown spotting, like old blood, which sometimes signals the begginning of my cycle, so I was quite relieved. But I've been getting this exact same brown spotting for the past 4 days and it's really confusing and worrying me. The only sign of any actual flow I've had is right after I went for a run yesterday and there was just a tiny tiny bit of actual red color. I took a thorough biology course and I know a lot about the menstrual cycle and pregnancy and all the hormones involved and that knowledge is making me paranoid I think (and I'm already a worry wart by nature). I just can't figure out, hormone-wise, why I wouldn't be shedding my endometrium, unless my progesterone levels haven't in fact dropped - indicating pregnancy. I am still a proud virgin at 18, but about 2 and a half weeks ago my boyfriend and I fooled around. He didn't ejaculate anywhere near me. The only thing I'm worried about is that maybe his semen (or pre-cum) got on one of our hands and it came into contact with me, and I know that even then, the chances of the 100 odd sperm actually making it all the way to my fallopian tubes is slim to none, (especially since he didn't finger me, and that I most likely had already finished ovulating by then considering I was supposed to get my period any day, at the time). It's just worrying me because my periods have never done anything odd like this, and on top of that, that was the first time I've fooled around before. Coincidence?? I'm just wondering if you have any alternate conclusions, which I hope are more plausible than mine, for this prolongued brown spotting. It'd be nice to have my mind at ease :)

And I just wanted to add that even though I'm not a regular to this site, I have been using it for the past 4 years when I have any questions and you're always so quick to reply and non-judgemental. I appreciate it and it's great to know that everytime I need questions answered I have somewhere to go!

Penis bends to the left.

Anonymous asks:

When my penis gets hard it bends to the left so like my head points left instead of straight: is this normal? If it is not can I fix it? If I can fix it how?

Is it bad for a guy to have an erection for an hour or two?

kai asks:

Is it bad for a guy to have an erection for an hour or two? What does an erection feel like for them?

Virginity standards and masturbation

asks:

I live in Africa. Here, both my religion and culture restrict that a girl should be a virgin unless she gets married. I masturbate and sometimes a lil blood droplet is there in my pants after I masturbate although I don't finger myself. I tried to finger after I saw that blood drop to check if my hymen is still intact, so I pressed my fingers into my vagina and it was there (a sorta layer) and it hurt me so I pulled my fingers out. The thing is, is my hymen still there or not? Should I stop masturbating if I want to keep my virginity or it doesn't matter ?

How can I stay hard for our first time?

Jay asks:

I am a 21 year old guy and I am a virgin. So is my girlfriend. We wanted to wait until we were 21.

We were planing on having sex for the first time last week. The night we tried it, I was very aroused and hard right up until it was time for me to enter her. As soon as I was ready to go in, I lost my erection. Realizing that we couldn't complete the act, we gave each other manual orgasms. (As soon as that started, I got very erect again). Every time we try to have sex I have the same problem. I am hard right before, I can get hard right after, but not when it counts. What can I do to avoid this? Should I drink a little alcohol before to loosen up? Take pills? Any advice will be helpful.

Can I have sex when I've got a yeast infection?

Emma asks:

I take oral contraception, no biggie there. I was recently put on amoxicillin by my doctor for a sinus infection. I think I developed a yeast infection as a result. I had one before way back when, so I knew what the symptoms were. At any rate, I bought one of those over the counter 3-day cure kits. However, I forgot that the goo was supposed to be inserted at night and I instead put it in during the day (triggered mostly by the fact that I started using the kit as soon as I got it home and repeated the dose at the same time each day). It's three days later and it still itches a bit down there. Did I totally botch the goo? Should I try again?

Additionally, my fiance comes home from six months of overseas military duty on Friday. I'd like to be able to sleep with him then (hence why I'm trying to get this all cleared up), but we use condoms as one method of birth control and I've heard that these over the counter yeast infection cures decrease their effectiveness and cause them to break. What can I do?

first intercourse: a pain for us both

Adam asks:

Me and my girlfriend were both virgins and just had a go at intercourse for the first time. Unfortunately, her vagina is really tight and is pulling the foreskin on my penis back causing pain for me and also for her. I've fingered her a few times to help loosen it up, and wore a condom to help with the lubrication, but it's just really painful. Is there something wrong with my penis, or just too much wanking?

One testicle worries

Scott asks:

I was born with an undescending testicle that was removed at the age of 3. It has made me pretty unconfident when engaging in sexual intercourse, which lately has been affecting my performance. I just want to know if only having one would affect sustaining a good erection, testerone levels for development, or the chances of reproducing?

Is my hymen blocking my orgasm?

asks:

My boyfriend and I started having sex a couple months ago. Before that, I was a virgin. Since then, we have done it about 4 or 5 times. Well, tonight, he was fingering me and while he was I felt slight pain but it went away pretty quickly. Afterwards, I realized I bled some. It wasn't like period blood though, it just looked like regular blood. Is there any way possible that he could have just now "popped my cherry" even though we have done it a few times before? I thought that happened the very first time. Also, is it possible for a female to have an orgasm if her cherry isnt popped? We talked about the reason I haven't had an orgasm and we have been trying to find the right spot, but after this incident...I was thinking maybe that was the reason I haven't orgasmed.

all about condoms

J asks:

I'm 16 and I've been thinking about having sex with my girlfriend for awhile now: she is ready, I'm still deciding but I think I will with her eventually when I'm ready. When we do there is no doubt in my mind that I will use a condom and I already have one but I really dont know much about them because everything I hear from programs at school or whatever is don't have sex, sex is bad, you're not ready, etc. I never hear anything about having sex but with a condom really I know there is a chance of the condom breaking but exactly how big of a chance are we talking about here because a 10% chance and a 90% chance are two totally different things. Also is there a way for her to get pregnant if the condom doesn't break? I don't know how that would be possible but that's why I'm asking because I don't know, also can stds be transmitted while using a condom even if it doesn't break?

After orgasm

asks:

After I climax I feel tingly all over. It's like I'm paralyzed, especially in my hands and arms. I can barely move and it takes me a couple of minutes to calm down and perform regular tasks like getting dressed...is this normal?

Deviant?

asks:

I'm 18, still in high school - it's kind of like a situation where age is just a number, I still highly consider myself a teenager.

Anyways, to my issue. First off, in order to set the scene, I need to say that I'm very sexually deviant. I think about sex all the time, I've viewed a lot of porn, I masturbate often (I think masturbation is a healthy alternative to going out and recklessly having sex), etc. I can literally think of myself sexually involved with most, if not all, of the attractive women in my life or that I know. Strange thing is, if anything happened, I don't think I'd even be willing to have sex till I'm older or am sure I'm ready.

Well, I like this girl in school. Yet, I think of her as a beautiful person, not a sex object. I have very, very strong feelings for her, more than a girl I would normally ask out. About 3 days ago, I started to have sexual thoughts about her. I don't find that abnormal, but I did have one strange one. All of a sudden I developed an urge to want to lick (perform oral) on her, but not on her vagina...try a little bit higher.

It's strange. I am very sexually deviant and have had some fetish thoughts before, but this case is just different. The thoughts lasted with me for a while. I normally don't think like this, but it's just so strange...for some reason, I find that to be so sexually appealing, and it seemed to come out of nowhere. Obviously, with that came the general thoughts about sex with her - penetration, regular oral, etc. But those have faded, but not the certain one I mentioned earlier. I just wanted some input on this, just to hear someone else's opinion. Thanks!

Morning sickness/telling from orgasm

KUNJU asks:

I heard that women will vomit as a sign of pregnancy. How many days after an intercourse a women usually vomits? I have another doubt also. How can I realise that my partner had an orgasm? I mean without asking her.

He wants to wait: I can't!

Yesenia asks:

We are both virgins but he wants to wait until marriage. I can't wait. I get too horny and I'm tired of having to rely on myself to take care of my sexual needs. He's just afraid of sex. He won't even say the word and he's 22. I tried talking to him but it doesn't work.

Usually the guy wants to have sex and the girl wants to wait but it's the opposite way around for us. What should I do. Should I just be demanding and go for what I want because I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. Help please!

Best place to ejaculate?

help asks:

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for a few months and are thinking of having sex, but we both know it's going to be a while still because we're both too young.

But when the time comes I was wondering, if I want to withdraw before I orgasm, where should I ejaculate, that is if I'm not wearing a condom, which I'll probably be wearing anyways! But like I said if not where would be the best place? I know that in porn movies it's always on the face but I think that would be weird?