Questions and Answers

Can I get pregnant from this lubrication?

Mimi asks:

My boyfriend and I were having sex and he let out some lubrication. Is it possible for me to get pregnant? I'm not worried, I'm just curious.

Why am I bleeding?

rachel asks:

I'm freaking out right now. I'm about to cry and see my doctor. I'm bleeding, but it's a brown blood instead of a red blood. Is this me spotting?

I lost my "V-card" on Wednesday. I don't know if he popped my cherry or not because I'm bleeding, but I don't know if it's me spotting or I'm on my period. But when I wipe theres like red blood, but I'm not peeing blood?? And I'm scared to go poop because there will be a lot of blood in the toilet and I'm terrified of blood.

I got birth control August 2. I'm on the shot.

Why hasn't my cherry popped?

anonymous asks:

Hey, I have had sexual intercourse a number of times with men and women and my cherry still hasn't popped. I'm worried that I might never be able to have children as a result. Is that true and how can I solve the problem?

...and he likes me to do to HIM, but won't do to me.

Jessica asks:

I'm 18 and have been sexually active with my boyfriend for about a year. We've done all sorts of things with each other, including oral sex. However, he refuses to perform oral on me. I've given him blowjobs many times. He says he enjoyed it very much, except he felt bad because he didn't want to reciprocate. He says that if I don't want to give him a blowjob, he would completely understand. But I love giving oral; I don't feel that it's unfair to me if I choose to do it. Even so, I really wish he would go down on me. When I asked him why he doesn't want to, he said he doesn't know. What could be bothering him, and what can I do to convince him that giving me head isn't as scary as it apparently seems to him?

Is liking how the anus smells perverted?

Sarika asks:

Delicate matter. My boyfriend and I both enjoy anal sex - that isn't the problem. He also tells me that he likes the smell of my anus (I should point out that this is after I've bathed - nothing to do with feces). When I masturbate I too like the scent of my anus but to hear him say it made me feel embarrassed. I told a friend, but she just said it was perverted and weird and reckons I should tell him that. I know sex is a personal matter, but am I that unusual?

What if a guy thinks my labia are gross?

Lucy asks:

I've been worried recently due to my labia being different sizes and one being rather stretchy. They have also gone darker in colour. Is this normal, different, a medical problem? I have been searching on the internet for some help on whether this is normal or not. Most articles say size difference is normal but this doesn't make the situation any easier for me. Oral sex seems a worrying thought, what if the guy is like "What the hell is up with this... gross... it doesn't look normal to me!" Even when it happens I'm going to worry he's thinking it. There's no way to tell if mine looks normal or not, I can't exactly ask my friends...embarrassing or what!? Anyway, I would be forever grateful for a bit of a suggestion.

She likes it when I do for her, but she won't do for me.

Anonymous asks:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months. I am 18, she is 17. I've been consistently fingering her/going down on her for several months now. Yet she has never taken the initiative as to go down on me, not even so much as with her hand. The only contact she seems able to handle with my penis is in sex, which we've tried to no avail (can't get it in). The fact that we can't have sex wouldn't bother me whatsoever if she went down on me every once and a while. What bothers me most is that she doesn't seem like she wants to get me off whatsoever. She seems literally terrified of my penis, though strangely OK with sex (I suspect this is because sex is pleasurable for her, too). Meanwhile, I am completely opposed to the idea of suggesting she go down on me, because I feel like she ought to want to anyway. Long story short, she seems perfectly attuned to receiving pleasure but not to giving it. What can I do?

First intercourse was horrible, and I think it ruined my genitals.

Anonymous asks:

I did it for the fist time and it was horrible, my partner just went fast and hard and deep until he was done and I wasn't even aroused well...my private is huge now and I do not feel sex with my current partner, it's been three months now, could a person be ripped or torn unnatural although it's a vagina and made for sex with a man? Do I just need to wait a long time before doing it again? Is there a such thing as being torn or ripped and heal back and not get back the natural elasticity of my vagina? I mean I had to dig into my skin bite my fingers and hold my breath from the pain, I don't think that is normal.....help please I'm very worried about this!

Not using condoms for all contact: could I be pregnant?

Sage asks:

I have been sexually active for about 3 months now. Usually before sex, my partner and I have a few minutes of unprotected sex and then he puts a condom on. My period is now a week late and I'm worried. I already took a test that came out negative but I'm still kinda scared. My friend told me that it's usual for my period to not come when first having sex. Is this true or should I wait a little while and retake a test?

Intercourse questions and answers to the third power

Teenie asks:

I've had one my questions answered before and I'd like to thank you for answering it because it was very useful :) Now I've got more!

Sex with my significant other has been wonderful the past few times we've done it, emotionally. I still wonder about physical, though. I have orgasmed before but only with my own clitoral stimulation. Is there a possible way or technique used to attain vaginal orgasm?

• I've also wondered about unprotected sex...I have not done it yet, but I don't want to rush into things before something bad happens. I am on the pill and we were both virgins when we started. So I know that there is no possible risk of STD's. I heard it feels better for both partners with no condom, so what are my risks and options?

•I always thought that sex in the water was unhealthy. Then I came across a book in my local sex shop about how to have sex in the water! Doesn't the water ruin the latex of the condom or is it safe not to use one in the water?

Is this spotting from menstrual suppression or implantation bleeding?

Amber asks:

I usually take my birth control pill continuously and skip periods for 2-3 months at a time due to bad PMS (ok'd by the Dr.) This month I missed a pill on a Friday and took it Saturday with my Saturday pill but I had started spotting so figured it was time to have a period so I waited a week before starting a new pack and during that time had a period. 2 weeks later I had some strange pink spotting that I hear could be implantation bleeding. Does stopping the pills for a week to have a period put you at greater risk for pregnancy? Normally, besides skipping the periods, I am a perfect user and take it every day at exactly the same time.

Managing Vulnerability & Sexual Insecurity

Worried asks:

Hi I'm 15 years old (male) and I want to wait till I find someone I really like before I have sex, but I want them to be a virgin too. I'm worried that if I wait too long all the pretty girls will have had sex and I won't be good at it yet, I'm worried that if they've already had sex that I won't be good enough for them, what should I do?

My period is late (or is it?)

Anonymous asks:

I'm a week late for my period, a little tired, but other than that I'm fine. I've been having sex for a little while but my period has always come between the 17-20. It's now the 28th. I already took a test a few days ago and it was negative. I'm really worried. Please does anyone have answers?

Spotting on injectable birth control, is this normal?

Keisha asks:

I have passed the due date of my period. I am on the injection and I am not pregnant, but I am experiencing brown spotting. What should I do?

Sex isn't appealing, but I want to be close to my partner.

Anonymous asks:

I'm 16 and have been with my boyriend, also 16, for 5 months. He has only ever fingered me as I don't really like the thought of other sexual activities too appealing but feel I am ready for sex as it is a way to be as physically close to him as I am emotionally.

My only problem is is that my opening is really tight and can fit about 2 fingers maximum-- sorry this sounds disgusting? His friends tell me about his "massive penis" and I'm scared he won't be able to fit it in. We have spoken about sex and both agreed that we want to do it, but now I'm just nervous that it won't go as I'd always expected it because I'm too tight? Please help.

Pelvic pain after intercourse

Anonymous asks:

I am married for last one and half months. I and my husband were virgins till marriage. I am experiencing pain in my lower abdomen after intercourse. It will stay for one hour and it will go automatically. We use protection during sex. I have history of irregular period. I have also missed last month period. I have done pregnancy test at home twice but got negative result both the times. What can be the problem? Can I be pregnant even if test is negative?

Can you get pregnant from kissing?

alana asks:

I was french kissing this very cute boy and I was wondering if french kissing or any kind of kissing can get you pregnant? If a boy puts his finger into your vagina, will you get pregnant?

Not "real" sex, but was there a real risk?

anonymous asks:

I' m 19 and have never had full penetrative sex. However I have fooled around with a boy two days ago. We didn't have sex but we were quite close to doing so and now I'm very worried about the possibility of being pregnant. I was due on my period a week ago and I still haven't come on. Is it possible to get pregnant without actually having sex? We were both naked and pleasuring each other in other means and he wasn't wearing a condom.

Recovery from cutting

Akita asks:

I quit cutting a couple months ago, and I still find it really hard to control myself. I also sometimes find it hard to be happy. What can I do besides therapy to get better?

Big questions about gender identity, sexual orientation and sexual fantasy

Charlene asks:

(Firstly, let me compliment you on your wonderful site: though most people in my life are quite open and accepting, I have NEVER talked to anyone about sex or sexuality--except for the few conversations I've initiated. Information that is accurate, candid, and not colored with shame or guilt is completely refreshing.)

I'm 18, and have never had anything approaching sex--I've never even dated. I am a late-to-mature sort of person anyway, and though I have researched and read up on sexuality (like I do for, er, everything), I'm not overtly sexual or want to be at this point in my life. Plus, from the moment I learned what the word meant, I have identified as a lesbian: so the dating pool ain't big in high school.

I might have ovarian cysts: what will the gynecologist do to find out?

anonymous asks:

I am going to the gyno for the first time about cysts in my ovaries and I want to know if they will have to look inside me. Or do they just feel my abdomen?

What he's doing isn't working for me, but how do I tell him that?

keepintime asks:

My Boyfriend and I are new to doing anything sexual. We are both virgins and have never had intercourse, just oral. How do I tell him what he is doing does nothing for me and doesn't please me without hurting his feelings, and what should I say to him?

Pain and ripping...what the heck is going on here?

anonymous asks:

I am curious as to what can cause the vaginal opening to shrink or get tighter than usual. I have always been tight, but its never been this tight or hurt this bad during intercourse. My fiancee and I thought I may be too dry, but even when I am super wet I still hurt and he's even ripped me down there. Is this normal? I have only heard of this from one other person and she was pregnant. Please help!

A few choice words about "tightness"

Mariah asks:

How long does it take for the "vagina opening" to get tight again after sex? A few days, a week? Do PC muscle exercises help? Say I hadn't had sex for about 5 months and then just had sex about a week ago, am I "looser" now then I would've been if I didn't have sex at all? And if so, how do I make it tight again and how long does it take? Is it already "tight" again...Does that even make sense!?? PLEASE HELP!!

How long will it take for a yeast infection to go away?

Mandy asks:

I just got over a yeast infection, or at least I think its over. I have tried to have sex with my boyfriend twice. Well, it hasn't worked out. When he goes inside me it hurts, and so we stop and we don't go on. Is this normal? It has only been a couple days since I used the yeast infection medicine, and I thought I was clear of infection. How long will this last?

Please notify us of any inappropriate ads