Advice

Sex isn't appealing, but I want to be close to my partner.

Anonymous
asks:
I'm 16 and have been with my boyriend, also 16, for 5 months. He has only ever fingered me as I don't really like the thought of other sexual activities too appealing but feel I am ready for sex as it is a way to be as physically close to him as I am emotionally. My only problem is is that my opening is really tight and can fit about 2 fingers maximum-- sorry this sounds disgusting?...

Pelvic pain after intercourse

Anonymous
asks:
I am married for last one and half months. I and my husband were virgins till marriage. I am experiencing pain in my lower abdomen after intercourse. It will stay for one hour and it will go automatically. We use protection during sex. I have history of irregular period. I have also missed last month period. I have done pregnancy test at home twice but got negative result both the times....

Can you get pregnant from kissing?

alana
asks:
I was french kissing this very cute boy and I was wondering if french kissing or any kind of kissing can get you pregnant? If a boy puts his finger into your vagina, will you get pregnant?...

Not "real" sex, but was there a real risk?

anonymous
asks:
I' m 19 and have never had full penetrative sex. However I have fooled around with a boy two days ago. We didn't have sex but we were quite close to doing so and now I'm very worried about the possibility of being pregnant. I was due on my period a week ago and I still haven't come on. Is it possible to get pregnant without actually having sex?...

Recovery from cutting

Akita
asks:
I quit cutting a couple months ago, and I still find it really hard to control myself. I also sometimes find it hard to be happy. What can I do besides therapy to get better? ...

Big questions about gender identity, sexual orientation and sexual fantasy

Charlene
asks:
(Firstly, let me compliment you on your wonderful site: though most people in my life are quite open and accepting, I have NEVER talked to anyone about sex or sexuality--except for the few conversations I've initiated. Information that is accurate, candid, and not colored with shame or guilt is completely refreshing.) I'm 18, and have never had anything approaching sex--I've never even dated....

What he's doing isn't working for me, but how do I tell him that?

keepintime
asks:
My Boyfriend and I are new to doing anything sexual. We are both virgins and have never had intercourse, just oral. How do I tell him what he is doing does nothing for me and doesn't please me without hurting his feelings, and what should I say to him?...

Pain and ripping...what the heck is going on here?

anonymous
asks:
I am curious as to what can cause the vaginal opening to shrink or get tighter than usual. I have always been tight, but its never been this tight or hurt this bad during intercourse. My fiancee and I thought I may be too dry, but even when I am super wet I still hurt and he's even ripped me down there. Is this normal? I have only heard of this from one other person and she was pregnant....

A few choice words about "tightness"

Mariah
asks:
How long does it take for the "vagina opening" to get tight again after sex? A few days, a week? Do PC muscle exercises help? Say I hadn't had sex for about 5 months and then just had sex about a week ago, am I "looser" now then I would've been if I didn't have sex at all? And if so, how do I make it tight again and how long does it take?...

How long will it take for a yeast infection to go away?

Mandy
asks:
I just got over a yeast infection, or at least I think its over. I have tried to have sex with my boyfriend twice. Well, it hasn't worked out. When he goes inside me it hurts, and so we stop and we don't go on. Is this normal? It has only been a couple days since I used the yeast infection medicine, and I thought I was clear of infection. How long will this last?...

STIs from oral sex and age of consent?

Anonymous
asks:
Am I right in thinking that my boyfriend and I cannot catch STIs from each other during oral sex because neither of us have ever been sexually involved with anyone else? Also, I know that sexual intercourse under the age of 16 is illegal but is other sexual contact illegal too? ...

Can switching brands cause lateness?

william
asks:
My girlfriend has been on birth control for a while and recently switched to a new brand. We've been sexually active but I always withdraw, and now she is a week late. Is that a side effect of the new pills or what?...

Second month of pills,...where's my period?

anonymous
asks:
This is my second month on birth control pills. My first period after starting the pills only lasted about 4-5 days, but i didn't start the next pack until the 8th day, as directed. I didn't miss any pills this month, but I did have sex without a condom. Now my period is already 2 days late....

No erection four times now: what can I do?

Dan
asks:
First of all, let me say I'm impressed by your mission here. A lot of people's first sex would be improved with real sex ed. My particular problem concerns erectile dysfunction. I'm only 19, yet I've experienced this problem 4 times. I've read that this can occasionally happen even to younger guys, but the last two were consecutive and I'm worried about how patient my girlfriend is....

Long-term menstrual suppression: is this why I have brown discharge?

anonymous
asks:
About a month ago my boyfriend and I decided to get serious into foreplay. He broke my cherry and ever since then I have been experiencing a slight brownish clear colored discharge. I'm also on birth control (marvalon 28) a close friend of mine said that as long as I'm on the white pill I do not ovulate....

Persistent bleeding and soreness after intercourse

anonymous
asks:
I've been having sex for quite a while now, but about a month and a half ago I noticed that I've begun bleeding after vaginal intercourse. The bleeding is pretty light--though lately it's been getting a tiny bit heavier--and is either bright red or pink. Also, the day after I'm usually a bit tender and swollen, which is not normal for me....

Do you need a condom if you're a virgin?

allyouneedislove
asks:
I will probably be giving my first blow job soon to the boy I have been dating for the past four months. The farthest he had gone before me was making out, and has since reached second base with me. I know he is a virgin to both intercourse and fellatio, but I am wondering if I still should ask him to buy condoms to have in case we reach third....

What happens if I throw up my birth control pill?

Jane
asks:
I started a pack of combination birth control pills for the first time on the first day of my period as instructed and took it perfectly until the third week. In the third week, I was sick and that Wednesday about 20 minutes after taking my pill, I threw up. The following day, Thursday, I fell asleep very early (being sick) and missed the pill that night. (I usually take it at 8pm)....

Why am I not pregnant?

tanasin
asks:
I was married on December 2006 we didn't plan up to May 2007. i got my last period on May 25th after that we planned and participated in sex without condoms on 5th day of my period to 18th day but I missed period in June and July. I went to a doctor, but she told that very that everything thing was alright I was not pregnant....

Risk from dry sex?

Nicole
asks:
My boyfriend and I were making out, and he got on top of me. He began humping, but we were fully clothed. I had on jeans and underwear, and he had pajama pants and boxers on. I'm not sure if he ejaculated or not, but if he did, should I be worried about pregnancy occurring? Is it possible for sperm to get through that much clothing?...

Starting the pill, but no period in almost a year

anonymous
asks:
I have not had my period in almost a year. I was always not regular, and it could be due to my diet. Recently, I had a prescription of birth control filled and they tell me to take it the Sunday after I have my period. But, since I don't get my period would I be able to start taking it now anyway?...

Lube and orgasms

Roxy
asks:
I was wondering is there any other type of lube I can use around the house instead of KY Jelly? And when I feel myself, it takes me a while to get to the right spot and when I do get there I start to tremble and I'm not able to go on because I just can't take it, then I stop. I want to keep going, but I'm not able to. I was wondering what can I do to go on with the pleasure?...

Can dry hands = pregnancy?

RJ
asks:
Could you still get a girl pregnant if you had dry precum on your hands and then fingered her? I was sure my hands were dry but I'm still worried. I urinated a few minutes before I fingered her and I can't remember clearly if I had washed my hands, I'm worried because I MIGHT have a bit precum in my pants and have accidentally touched it....

Paranoid about Pregnancy

anonymous
asks:
I lost my right ovary in March from an having an ovarian tumor, I am currently on the pill and my boyfriend uses condoms. However sometimes we fool around a little before he puts a condom on. My question is...what are the odds that I could still get pregnant considering my situation? What if he pre-ejaculates beforehand and doesn't tell me?...