What is the "normal" penis size for an adult man?

Curious asks:

What is the "normal" penis size for an adult man? I heard from someone that a guy had a 23-inch penis. Could that be true?

Twenty-three inches, ehh? I wear jeans with a 29 inch inseam. I have a pair of capris (aka clam diggers, pedal pushers, etc.) that have a 20 inch inseam. Gosh, imagine how you'd wear pants with a penis that was 23 inches long!

What I'm saying is, there are a lot of rumors and urban legends. A twenty-three inch penis would be one of them. Not true.

Normal erections can be in the range of three to nine inches. Average would be in the neighborhood of five to six inches. A penis' length when flaccid does not necessarily indicate how big it will be when erect. Penis size does NOT correlate to race or ethnicity. The important thing is that the penis functions well.

We've got a great article that explains a lot more than you ever thought you'd want to know about male anatomy. Check it out: Man's Best Friend - Male Sexual Anatomy