Is my foreskin supposed to go back like that?

bashescobar asks:

So, I just had sex for the first time last night and I guess my foreskin went back and it kinda hurt. Is it normal that my foreskin should go back like that? Also, I never had an orgasm last night and I woke up this morning and my foreskin was still pulled back. Is THAT normal?

-Confused

Hollie replies:

The foreskin is supposed to be able to be pulled back over the head of the penis, compeletely, without any pain or discomfort. You don't want to leave it like that though -- Leaving your foreskin pulled up over the head of the penis can lead to paraphimosis. Paraphimosis is when the foreskin is no longer able to retract back down over the head of the penis due to swelling of the foreskin. If you're unable to pull the foreskin down over the head of your penis, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.

More on paraphimosis -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphimosis

Also check out Man's Best Friend - Male Sexual Anatomy

written 22 Jan 2008 . updated 26 Jan 2008

Throw a rock at any sex education site or service, ask what the most common question we get is from people who identify as men and we'll all tell you -- with an air of exhaustion, mostly because we...