Advice

Raised to think sex was dirty and it's left me feeling inhuman and insecure

Anonymous
asks:
As a catholic, I was raised believing sex was dirty. My family never spoke about sex and so I am completely naive to everything. And despite the sex-ed classes I had in school, everything is still so abstract to me. I never even really had the desire to have sex or to explore my sexuality. It was all just taboo in my mind....

Wasn't that a safe time to go unprotected?

Kayla
asks:
Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the second to last day of my period, we thought this would be safe as it is highly unlikely to become pregnant at that time. I am now 8 days late, and never usually late, but have been experiencing abdominal cramps for about 4 days on and off as though my period is going to start. Could I be pregnant?...

Unprotected anal sex, pregnancy risks, and self-abortion

Morgan
asks:
Hi, I really need some help. Let me tell you what has happened. I'm 15 years old. My periods usually come anywhere from the 12th-to the 15th of the month. One night, I had anal sex, unprotected, but I didn't orgasm. When I had anal sex, it was two weeks after my period had ended. The next month, last month, My period came on the 19th. Is that normal? Is it just because I had sex?...

Why are my labia so weird?

WantonWonton
asks:
I am positive I have a malformed vagina and it makes me very self conscious. I have enlarged asymmetrical labia minor folds which do not protrude the beginning half of my vagina, but do on the latter half and obscure my vaginal opening. This extra flesh is brown in color and not a healthy pink color. Will this interfere with my ability to have intercourse later on?...

One positive test, one negative test: am I pregnant or not?

anonymous
asks:
My boyfriend and I had sex without a condom 2 times and when he cummed in me the first time I thought I was pregnant and I took a test and it said positive and I took another one of a different brand and it said negative so I didn't worry about it the second time he cummed in me I got my period the next day could I be pregnant now?...

Older, and recently married, but sexually inexperienced and feeling clueless.

Anonymous
asks:
First of all, I am really thankful for your services. I am 29 yrs old female and recently got married to a 30 yr old guy. We have tried to sex couple of times but unsuccessful because of pain I experience when my husband tried to penetrate. Although we gathered useful information from your site, the main problem is that since we both are virgins we don't have much idea about these things....

I'm not comfortable with "dirty" talk, so how do I have phone sex?

anonymous
asks:
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 10 months. We have been in a long distance relationship the whole time that we have been together but we have seen each other at least once a month and just recently spent the entire summer living together. But anyways I just moved back home and I need advice on how to have phone sex with her....

What if our feelings aren't perfectly mutual?

Anonymous
asks:
This question isn’t about a sexual issue, but I was hoping you could help me anyway. I’ve been going out with this guy for about 4 months now, and I’m getting a bit antsy. We’re both really busy with college and work, and we find it quite hard to organize dates and so on (we don’t go to the same college)....

I'm 13 and totally sure I'm ready for sex.

Anonymous
asks:
I'm 13 and I know that I'm totally ready to have sex. I no that everyone is ready at different ages and all my friends are surprised because half of them cant even talk about puberty without blushing. It's not like I'm seeing anyone so I'm not being pressured I'm just so ready and I want the first time over and done with. Is this such a big deal?...

What's up with BV?

babiegurl11221
asks:
I got something called bacteria vaginosis and while some doctors say it's not a STD, a lot of the state health department's professionals consider it one. They say that although girls and women get it sometimes without sexual contact, a lot of them get it right after having sex. I have, and will consider it one. I've been treated for this thing three times and it never seems to go away....

Can I play with the cucumber?

anonymous
asks:
I got a little creative one day and put a well-washed cucumber with Saran Wrap up my vagina while I was horny. I was wondering if this is safe, and if there's anymore ideas that I could use because I don't get pleasure from my fingers. ...

Can I use the shower head?

Annie
asks:
I am 17, and for a long time I have been masturbating using the shower head. My only question really is if there is any danger in that? ...

What can I use for a vibrator?

Alice
asks:
I really love to masturbate, and I've been using a back massager I found in the attic for clitoral stimulation. It feels great, but it is getting kind of old. I was wondering if there was any thing else I could use (other than my hand) to spice things up a bit. And is there any way I can get vibrators without my parents knowing? ...

Why am I bleeding?

rachel
asks:
I'm freaking out right now. I'm about to cry and see my doctor. I'm bleeding, but it's a brown blood instead of a red blood. Is this me spotting? I lost my "V-card" on Wednesday. I don't know if he popped my cherry or not because I'm bleeding, but I don't know if it's me spotting or I'm on my period. But when I wipe theres like red blood, but I'm not peeing blood??...

Why hasn't my cherry popped?

anonymous
asks:
Hey, I have had sexual intercourse a number of times with men and women and my cherry still hasn't popped. I'm worried that I might never be able to have children as a result. Is that true and how can I solve the problem?...

...and he likes me to do to HIM, but won't do to me.

Jessica
asks:
I'm 18 and have been sexually active with my boyfriend for about a year. We've done all sorts of things with each other, including oral sex. However, he refuses to perform oral on me. I've given him blowjobs many times. He says he enjoyed it very much, except he felt bad because he didn't want to reciprocate. He says that if I don't want to give him a blowjob, he would completely understand....

Is liking how the anus smells perverted?

Sarika
asks:
Delicate matter. My boyfriend and I both enjoy anal sex - that isn't the problem. He also tells me that he likes the smell of my anus (I should point out that this is after I've bathed - nothing to do with feces). When I masturbate I too like the scent of my anus but to hear him say it made me feel embarrassed....

What if a guy thinks my labia are gross?

Lucy
asks:
I've been worried recently due to my labia being different sizes and one being rather stretchy. They have also gone darker in colour. Is this normal, different, a medical problem? I have been searching on the internet for some help on whether this is normal or not. Most articles say size difference is normal but this doesn't make the situation any easier for me....