Questions and Answers

Fellatio Foibles

Ashlee asks:

Last night I gave my boyfriend a blow job. It was my first time doing that so I'm like 99% sure it was bad for him. I told him to try and help me cuz I had no idea what I was doing. So, he'd push my head down and I think I was "deep-throating" or something but I couldn't exactly breathe. What am I doing wrong?

Pill + Condoms = Effective Enough?

Teenie asks:

I'm 18 and i've JUST started having sex. I've done the deed 3 times and I've done all this research about fertility detection, rhythm method, and effectiveness of condoms and the pill. I've been on the pill for 2 years for acne reasons and I've used a condom every session without slippage or breakage. I try to refrain from the days I'm supposed to be most fertile, or having sex the week before ovulation for example. But all information is different. I hear sperm can last from 5 to 7 days but then I hear 2 - 3 days: which is it?!

My mum's a public health nurse and she's always said that condoms don't always work: does that mean if they slip or break? I've been really careful about my pill lately, making sure I take it every day but the times aren't always consistent: it's usually between 8am and 3pm. I also take zoloft for other reasons: does that ruin the effectiveness of the pill?? My significant other and I also use withdrawl every time: but using the condom and pill as well I still worry lol but is there still a chance I could become pregnant. I'm pretty confident for taking all these extra precautions, but I would still like to know if that's ok.

What to do about long and irregular periods?

anonymous asks:

I have an irregular period. One month I had light bleeding for about 25 days, and the next month I didn't have my period at all. The following month I had it for about 15 days. Is this unusual? Is there anything you can recommend to make it more regular?

Pain and nausea from sex?

Katie asks:

My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for about two months now and were both virgins before this. We have always used condoms and it has always been enjoyable for both of us. However, many times after we have had sex I feel a dull ache around my lower abdomen or lower back area. I usually notice it within a couple of hours after sex. There have even been times when my stomache got upset afterwards and I have had pains from gas or simply got the runs. It is both uncomfortable and embarrassing. I was wondering if this is normal. What could be causing this? Is there anything I could do to fix it?

Are pantiliners bad news?

Anonymous asks:

Last year when I went to the gynecologist I was told that I shouldnt wear pantiliners on a regular day-to-day basis because it can cause chaffing. But I find that I tend to get "wet" often, even when I am not sexually aroused. Sometimes it could be when I am exercising or on a hot day or for (seemingly) no reason at all. Is there anything I could do about it? It's not the most comfortable feeling to walk around with damp underwear and I am afraid that when my mom does the laundry (I only live with her half of the time, so I can't always do my own) she will assume that I am participating in sexual activities when I'm not.

Mandatory blow jobs and odd penile discharge

Anon asks:

I have been giving my boyfriend "blow jobs" all through our 10 month relationship and its been fine so far, I cant say I like or enjoy it but its been ok, recently I had a sore throat and when I gave him a bj noticed that balls of hard white stuff came from no where into my mouth, I assumed it was left from my sore throat and stopped, using my throat as an excuse but it kept happening everytime I gave him a bj. A couple weeks ago whilst I had my tongue on the tip of his penis I felt one actually come out! so now I know where they are coming from but what the hell are they? It makes me heave like anything when one comes out and makes me feel physically ill but since at the start of our relationship he told me that he didnt think he could be with a girl who wouldn't or couldn't give head I continue to do it. I also dont want to embarrass him by asking him directly but is it just semen dried into hard balls that are being pushed out when I squeeze down with my lips? How can I stop it happening? It makes me feel really ill, please help.

How (or should) I give this boy a handjob?

Tasha asks:

A guy friend whom I really like asked me to have sex with him. I haven't yet, but he asked if I would give him a handjob. I have never given one. So how do I?

Dude, where's my period?

Sarah asks:

I am 14-years-old and not sexually active. I have had my period for about 1 1/2 years now and to this point it has always been regular until now. I am 5 days late, and I don't know why. Should I be concerned?

Can pre-ejaculate cause pregnancy?

Jess asks:

Can a woman become pregnant off of pre-cum fluid alone?

A tear "down there"

Anonymous asks:

My boyfriend and I were messing around, and I got a tiny cut or tear "down there," and it's a little uncomfortable, especially when I urinate. Is there anything over the counter than can clear it up?

I don't enjoy masturbation, but my partner is going out of town.

Dee asks:

I've been sexually active for a while now (I'm 20, sexually active for almost four years now) and have no interest in masturbation. All my girlfriends rave about it. I do it sometimes, mostly when my boyfriend and I have phone sex. But honestly, it really doesn't do anything for me. Plus, when I do masturbate, I can never achieve the type of orgasm I do when my boyfriend touches me. It's never as intense. My boyfriend's leaving for college again soon, and I think I'm going to go crazy without him being here to pleasure me. Any suggestions as to toot my own horn?

Condoms and lubricant: when a little dab will do ya

Anonymous asks:

I'm 26; I couldn't come the past few times me and my girlfriend of 6 months have had sex. Of course I use condoms every time, I have come before with no problem. Is there a lubricant I can use on my penis before I put the condom on?

Blood and mucus from anal sex/Forcing ejaculation

Anonymous asks:

I'm 16, ive been dating this guy for almost 7 months and we're sexually active. I'm pretty educated about sex I would say, but no one knows everything so here it goes.

1.) Sooo, we tried anal sex, and about 5 hours after this occured I had "anal seepage" mucus, with some spotting of blood. I'm guessing this is normal, very icky but normal, but what I wanted to know is will this keep occurring? Because I'm not so sure I want to continue doing this form of sex if this is going to continue.

2.) We have a curfew so sometimes, when we want to do something, and I casually mention we don't have time, he will say "it's ok I'll force it" mainly when I perform oral sex, my question is, how is this possible? When you ejaculate its natural, I mean I know you can hold it in to prolong your sexual experience, but forcing it? I'M SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP!!! SERIOUSLY!

Semen in eyes

Josh asks:

My boyfriend and I just had manual sex,and after arousing him..his ejaculate shot into my eye by mistake. Can this cause an infection? My eye is very red and is paining badly. What do you suggest I do??

Birth control pills, weight gain and caffeine

Alison asks:

I'm 18 and am soon to start college, I just started the pill, I have a boyfriend and we engage in vaginal intercourse pretty often. Since the pill makes you gain weight, I drink green tea, which is supposed to increase your metabolism (I'm desperate not to gain weight). One cup has about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee and I drink a cup everyday. I also drink alot of coffee. I read somewere that caffeine has a effect on birth control pills, like some antibiotics do. Is this true? If so I want to stop drinking it, please let me know.

And more with the popping of cherries.

Katie asks:

I am very confused about "popping my cherry". I have previously read that everyone has to have their cherry popped, but then again some say that there is no skin thing. If not, than why does it hurt when you have sex for the first time or why do you bleed?

Latex allergy = no condoms?

Annie asks:

I'm quite allergic to latex. I've never had sex before but me and my boyfriend are thinking of having sex. I'm 15 and he's 16. He's not a virgin. He knows that I'm allergic to latex, too. When I'm around basically anything with latex in it (like balloons, latex gloves.) my eyes get red and itchy and my throat itches, too. I don't think it would be a good idea to use a latex condom but would there possibly be any way without having an allergic reaction to it? I don't want to have an STD either and I heard lambskin condoms don't protect against STDs and they rip easier so I'm really worried on what I can do. Would it be o.k for me to just go on birth control? What should I do?

Late period, but not pregnant?

Anonymous asks:

I am concerned about my period, which as of today is a week late. Although I am not the queen of regular cycles, usually I am never more than two or three days off. My boyfriend and I are sexually active, and although I'm not on any form of birth control, we have been diligent and careful and always used a condom. We are each the others first partner though, and are still very much in a "trying this out" phase. He also hasn't been able to ever get more than an inch or so in, as at that point it gets to be too uncomfortable, so we have never actually had full intercourse. The last time we tried was at the beginning of June; we used a condom, again did not get beyond a slight initial penetration, and he did not ejaculate. We haven't done anything since. I took two pregnancy tests, one two days ago and one today, and both were negative. I know that the tests can be incorrect, but I don't feel like my risk of being pregnant is too high. Still, that leaves me wondering where my period is, and I wanted to post on here to see what another opinion might be. I am also getting my annual exam next week, and I plan to talk to my gynecolgist then too. Thank you for your time with my question!

No pleasure, no orgasm: what's wrong with me?

my.artsfinal asks:

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a good few years now, every time we have sex it feels like it's just for his pleasure. I really would like to be pleased as well, I mean the sex is nice.. don't get me wrong. But I don't think I've ever experienced an orgasm. I've taken advice from this site before, and I've tried masturbation on my own time, but it ends up taking me hours, and I just get frustrated. I've also discussed it with him, and we've experimented with so many things. The longest we've tried is three and a half hours. That's a little overwhelming and just plain annoying for the both of us. We've tried possibly every "extra" you can think of from biting, roleplaying, being sweet, being angry, to sucking, caressingly, and much more. Any type of contact down there just feels as casual as a massage, and the feeling never changes. What's my deal?

Waited until marriage... but sex isn't working out.

anonymous asks:

I feel a little weird asking this here because I'm 26 but I was waiting til marriage before sex so this is new to me, and everyone my age seems to have been having sex for years and I'm embarrased to talk about this stuff. This site has been a great resource for me so far - it has saved me so much embarassment of not knowing what's going on (especially embarrasing at my 'old' age!)

So I just got married about a month ago and have started having sex with my husband but it has been disappointingly unenjoyable. My expectations weren't super high because I know it takes awhile to get used to things. But before we were married we did other activities that I really enjoyed and I'd get turned on a lot. Now, however, those same things don't even turn me on anymore. From reading articles here I've realized that sex isn't going to be pleasant if I'm not turned on and it's not about me being 'too tight' or anything. My husband is making a lot of effort to be patient with me and to engage in a lot of foreplay, but it's not doing anything for me. I used to get really aroused by him stroking my nipples/clit areas, and he still is trying that beforehand. But I keep finding that I am not enjoying him touching me at all, and I just want him to stop. He tried oral sex too and I just did not like it, it felt so weird. I feel so horrible because he was so great about waiting til we were married (he has had sex before with his previous girlfriends) and I really want to share this with him now, and he is trying so hard but it's not doing anything. And I'm also really sad that I don't feel turned on because it felt so good and I don't want to have lost that! We are both frustrated, and I feel especially bad because he's had experience and I haven't, and he said he's never had issues like this with any other girls. Any advice as to how I can get more turned on, so that we can actually have sex? We've realized that we shouldn't attempt intercourse when I'm not getting into things, so I also tried pleasuring him in other ways but I'm finding that difficult too... it takes awhile and honestly my mouth/jaw get tired, and I'm worried about how to finish things (the spit/swallow debate). Right now I'm feeling like a terrible wife for not being able to pleasure my husband and also really missing the sexual pleasure I used to get. I don't regret waiting at all... but I'm impatient for things to improve and any advice would be hugely appreciated. Even just letting me know what's a normal amount of time that it takes for this to start being fun instead of stressful. Thanks!

Is bacterial vaginosis to blame for this excess discharge?

Anonymous asks:

Hi, I was recently treated for some sort of bacterial infection in the vagina with metronidazole pills that I took twice a day for a week. Toward the last couple of days of treatment, my discharge came out in long, oozing strings pretty much every time I sat down to go to the bathroom. It was pretty gross! I figured it had something to do with everything being cleared out, but it still lasted for a day or two after I stopped treatment. Now, I've been off of the antibiotics for nearly a week, and I'm still noticing a little bit more discharge than I would probably want. Is there kind of an adjustment period here? Did the medication not fully treat the problem...or did it cause ANOTHER one?

Am I ready & without rubbing my clitoris, will it even feel good if I am?

Madison D. asks:

I have been with my boyfriend for about three months and I am not sure if I'm ready to have sex. How do you really know if you're ready? We have talked about sex before and he wants to do it but I'm just not sure if I want to or not. We have done other things and have also talked about those and if it felt good for us. It was just a little bit awkward talking about it with him at first, then I got more comfortable. He's not pressuring me into doing it, I just want to make sure I'm absolutely ready because I don't want to regret it.

There is another question I would like to ask. If you have been masturbating for quite some time (by rubbing my clit), and I mean a long time, will I only be able to get pleasure from rubbing or will having sex feel good too? I have read somewhere that you can get used to one thing and only be able to feel pleasure from it. My boyfriend has fingered me, it hurt a little at first but then it didn't. It's not that I hated it, but I also didn't get pleasure from it. I'm scared that I won't be able to get pleasure from anything else other than rubbing. Please help.

Chlamydia, condoms and vibrators

Anonymous asks:

I have just been diagnosed with Chlamydia and was treated. I was wondering about safer sex in the future. Are condoms always going to protect me? Also, I have a vibrator and have always washed and dried it after use. Is it safe to use it again?

If she wants to do something I don't, is that okay?

Anonymous asks:

My girlfriend wants to have anal sex. Is it wrong that I don't want to, or should I do it because she said she will just go and do it herself?

Period = no risk of pregnancy?

Anonymous asks:

My girlfriend and I have been having sex for awhile but recently she had her period. And we both couldn't wait so we had sex during it without a condom. Could she still get pregnant even during her period?