Can I insert my finger into my cervix?

anonymous asks:

Okay, let me start by saying that I am very sexually curious I can touch my cervix by fisting and I am always careful and very clean when I do. My question is: I know it world hurt very bad and I'm not conserned about that but I want to try to insert a finger into my cervix I know it is not recommended that I do, but I want to try, is this something that I could do if I was careful and clean and there was nothing sharp? I want to make sure before I do it. I might try either way because I enjoy pain and im very curious. I have heard someone say that her husband has when she was pregnant but I want to try?

No one needs to fist -- to insert the whole hand into the vagina - to touch the cervix. Most women can do it just with a finger, especially when the cervix is low and/or we're unaroused.

But absolutely not: no one should be trying to insert anything into the cervix. That's not just because it would hurt, but because clean hands or toys given, it STILL is not safe, and puts you at risk of injury and infection. There's a lot of reasons women who have had to have backalley abortions have died, gotten very ill or become infertile, and some of the many are because of inserting things into the cervix without medically sanitary conditions.

But really, it's not even something all possible with a finger or anything remotely that size. Certainly, when the cervix begins to dilate, someone would then be able to, but again, it's still not at all a good idea, and unless you're in very late pregnancy, your cervix is not going to be dilated enough to insert a finger.

It's fine to be curious, but it's also good to be smart about how you enact that curiosity. Putting yourself at serious health risks just because you're curious isn't smart.

written 13 Sep 2007 . updated 03 Jan 2013